Clean Air Cab's path to becoming part of the solution.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Education is Important!




I started working at Clean Air Cab the summer after my freshman year of college. I'm graduating from Arizona State University the end of this semester and I'm still at Clean Air Cab. In the nearly 3 years I've been there, I've had something like 4 positions. I sometimes joke I could run the company if I needed to! 

I bring this up because I want to talk about Clean Air Cab's involvement in education. Many of you have seen our awesome ASU cabs driving around, but did you know we donate money to ASU to provide a yearly scholarship for a student in need?

I brought up my own story to illustrate how deeply Clean Air Cab is committed to supporting education. I started there as a call taker with hardly any experience. I started 6 months after opening, so the company was even smaller then. I quickly came to know the managers and owner. They were always willing to work around my crazy school schedule so I could support myself. As I continued there, I was given the opportunity to move up and work in the office. I worked full time as an office admin for a summer and was allowed to work part time handling the accounts when I went back to school. They saw potential in me and let me have the opportunity to learn a whole new skill set and push myself in a professional setting that would otherwise have been unavailable to me. 

Steve, the owner of CAC, and the managers there don't just throw money at causes to look good, they really care! And they show that in more ways than the wraps on our cabs. 

"Clean Air Cab is excited about making this donation to Arizona State University," said Steve Lopez, the company's founder. "Our business is built on sustainability, entrepreneurship and innovation, and we're proud to support the next generation of innovative young leaders as they learn and put forward their own solutions to our greatest 
challenges."

Many of my friends and other college students have had the opportunity to work for Clean Air despite inexperience and odd schedules. So, when you take a Clean Air Cab, know that you aren't just supporting the scholarship we donate to, but you are supporting the college students who work there too! By supporting Clean Air Cab, you are supporting our investment into a better future.

For more information on our involvement with ASU, go to our website, or simply click here.






**I should note, there are a lot of amazing people who work at Clean Air Cab that aren't college students, but I wanted to focus on our involvement in education this week. I'll talk about some of the other types of people we support at another time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment